Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tapas & the Sunday Blues


I wish this were an original thought but... totally not looking forward to Monday, amirite? Gosh. Okay, regroup. Here's what I got done this Sunday: 6 mile run, filed federal taxes, made turkey meatballs for my lunches this week, and found these babies:

Note: The ones above are actually imitation since the real thing is $800/lb. Sadly, their high price is due to their rarity (obviously, poor fish) so the imitation eel is quite popular in Spain.

A couple years ago, I had the chance to travel Spain with some amazing friends of mine. My favorite dish there was a salad topped with baby eels! I know it sounds gross, but trust me. We even went to San Sebastian which has the highest concentration of Michelin restaurants, and the eel salad was still the culinary star of the trip.

I hope to recreate the salad now that I've found these, and I'll be sure to share! (Even though I am an only child I've managed to learn how to do that from time to time. You're welcome.) Anyway, here's a prettier memento from Spain. Have a great week! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment