Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pre-Race Running Treats

I bought some warm weather running stuff at Lululemon this weekend after my Saturday AM run jog. They're having a pretty decent sale by Lulu standards at the Georgetown location. Anyway, I was more excited about my sweet new socks that don't slip, and pom flavored GU I bought for my 10-miler next Sunday. Spinach salad is one of my favorite things to have with eggs by the way....yum.

{Frittata and salad, lulu bag, socks and GU, egg in avocado, ham, & small protein pancake}

This weekend I made BBQ Chickpeas (which is sadly a Rachel Ray recipe but so good) and some quick veggie soup with my magic bullet. It was damp and rainy all day Saturday, so soup and a nap on the couch with the dog were definitely in order. Also, I hardly ever eat red meat (like pretty much never) but I have been getting a lot of random bruises lately so I thought it would be a good idea to have a bit, e.g. what's pictured in the 3rd picture is what I ate over 2 days. I'm not a fan. I also ran 6 miles on Sunday to burn off some of that animal lard, which I was happy with considering my knee has been a real &(*% lately but it didn't meet the 7 I had scheduled. Just got to go with what works I guess...

{New speed short, steak salad on Sunday,
steak with 10-min veggie soup Saturday, new lulu tank}

10 Minute Veggie Soup

2 thinly sliced carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup veggie broth
1/2 cup water

Microwave about 6 minutes at 70% power until vegetables are steamed. Blend. Throw a dish towel over the magic bullet/blender before opening to shield anything that may splatter. Top with diced avocado or parm.


Have a great week! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment