Sunday, April 1, 2012

Playing Catch-up


If you've seen my Pinterest, it's no secret that I love meatballs...


No, not that meatball...although he is getting fatter. I'm referring to the yummy turkey pesto meatballs I made. They're super easy to thaw and take into work for a quick lunch. You eat at least 21 meals a week; they can't all be exciting but they can still be healthy! Handy that I also had some pesto in my freezer! I've pinned lots of other meatball recipes though if you don't have pesto lying around.

Today I also ran the freaking Cherry Blossom 10-Miler. Not going to lie, it was not this pretty:

But I'm so glad it's over!! My time could have been better but I stopped to pee twice. The first time, at mile 3, there were only 3 port-a-potties (for a 15,000 person race) and the line wasn't moving so I freaked out and jumped back in the race thinking I could just suck it up and hold it. At mile 6, there were a bunch of no-line-facilities just a quick 50 meters away....riiight. Thanks, good planning.

{Post-race cuddles. Yes, I'm obsessed.}

My favorite race is still the Baltimore half - most spirited crowd, for sure :) Platters of gummy bears, orange slices, beer, and music. AMAZING community there. Love.

So with running over, I'm on to something new:


I've got 9 weeks of it! Wooohoooo! More weights, less running..yessss. I mean I still love running but my body needs a break and lifting is much more natural for me ;) It's been a while, I can't wait to get back into the gym.

So for a quick, high-protein breakfast this week I made some protein pancakes and popped them in the freezer.


Protein Pancakes (this is a triple batch for freezing!)
1.5 C cottage cheese
1 C oatmeal
1/2 C ground flax meal
4 eggs
4 egg whites
sprinkle of cinnamon

1. Mix in blender.
2. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup as a ladle and cook until bubbles come through then flip.

Makes 16 - 18 pancakes. Each pancake is roughly 70 calories, 5.4 g protein, 1.5 g fiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment