Monday, April 9, 2012

Nando's Salad & Banana Cream Protein Muffins




The Nando's Butternut Squash and Couscous salad is possibly one of my favorite salads. Ever. This photo doesn't do it justice. In fact, I'm not even sure it's the exact salad as the one served at my local Nando's. I digress. Anyway, I recreated it using quinoa & sweet potatoes. Peel, cube sweet potato, and boil. Top spinach with chopped onion, canned (or frozen) corn, cooked quinoa, potato cubes, and Spanish olives. I made the dressing with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, S&P, and a splash of milk. I put the dressing in a small jar (like from artichokes) and then into another ziploc to take the salad to work. (Every fancy salad and dressing container I've ever bought has broken!)

This past weekend I also made Banana Walnut-Cream Protein Muffins. Tasty, no?

3/4 c oats

3/4 c Banana Cream protein powder (via Vitamin Shoppe. You can use vanilla!)

2 t baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 c Splenda (or 1/4 c agave)

2 eggs

3 bananas

1/2 c yogurt

2 t vanilla

1/2 c chopped walnuts

1/2 c coconut oil

3/4 c whole wheat flour

1. Mix the liquids.
2. Fold in the dry ingredients.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Each muffin has about 170 calories and 9 g protein! (Based on 12 muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment