Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What's in My Bag?

Like most "city girls" I carry a huge freaking bag to work.  I'm not one of those annoying people that drags a roller bag through metro but close.  On days when I'm squeezing in a weight circuit, pilates class, or volleyball game during lunch, I'm also toting around the following:

{Foundation, mascara, face wipes, baby powder, headband, ipod, and finally - my camping towel}

This is everything I need to go from slightly-sweaty-and-gross to OK for sitting through an afternoon with my spreadsheets.  I don't really workout during lunch if I have a meeting in the afternoon.  I just know I don't look 100% so it's best if I can save my sweating for later. (Oh yeah and deodorant is also probably a good idea!  Sorry, he was absent for the photoshoot.) 

Here's what I do:

1. Shower off and dry with the camping towel. (No, I don't wash my hair. I have thick hair and it would take 2x as long as my workout to get it dry.)
2. Then I wipe off any remaining sweat from my face with the wipes.  
3. Reapply make-up and let hair dry a bit (or blot with paper towels if needed).
4. Sprinkle baby powder lightly at roots and massage in with fingers, shake out any remaining. 
5. Comb out and probably put into a pony tail or bun.
5. Get dressed and apply deodorant.  

That's it! Back to work I go.  Any tips for a quick turn-around from gym to desk?





1 comment:

  1. A. I have the same bag. And it fits so much including all my gym clothes so I love it!
    B. I should really start sneaking in workouts again at lunch! It was so nice in DC with a gym in the building but now mine is across the street so I think I can get my booty there!
    C. Baby powder or dried shampoo is a must!

    ReplyDelete